Friday 4 July 2014

We're Not On The Same Page

Following on from the last post, he is getting himself upstairs when we tell him to. 

Although I made a big show to him about banning him from stories before going upstairs for a bath etc I walked in the living room the next day to see the boy in stitches at his mum's humorous reading of one of his favourites. 

Ironic how it was books that showed how we weren't on the same page. 


Bath/Shower/Bath/Shower

But now he's found another opportunity to be difficult. 

He told us the other night that he wanted a shower.  So we did that for a couple of nights, and it was all good.

On a couple of occasions though, I've got him under the shower and he's announced that he wanted a bath despite having chosen the shower. 

And when I ran the bath and got him in it, he's changed his mind again.   

At that point I've told him it's too late.  He's made his choice.  He has to live with the consequences of his actions.  Just like we all do.  "You wanted a shower?  Well I want to be watching the World Cup mate, but here we are".

No comments:

Post a Comment