Friday 11 July 2014

Festival Fun

I took my son to the Monton Festival last weekend.  The weather held out and the place was bathed in sunshine after the rain the day before threatened a washout. 

"A Dear-Do"

He was a bit nervous about the rides but I bribed him with an ice-cream and he found the courage to jump on.  In the ice-cream queue, a mum in front of me observed "it's a dear do!" 

At least it's not every week and I only have the one child to buy ice-creams and fairground rides for!

Overall though, I think it's great that events such as this are accessible to the local community so you don't always have to travel miles out of town for them. 

Local Clubs

And it showed the variety of clubs and societies that are on the doorstep, most of which I wasn't previously aware of. 

One such club was Worsley Diving Club.  My son's favourite part of the day was sitting in the speedboat they had on show.  He carried on talking about it for the rest of the weekend. 

And that was the one part of the festival that I didn't have to pay for!

No comments:

Post a Comment