Wednesday 18 June 2014

The Difference Between Parents and Grandparents

When my son visits his grandparents he is made up.  He loves seeing them of course but he also knows he's getting a treat.  It's nailed on.  Guaranteed. 

My dad will leave the room only to reappear soon after with an ice-cream.  My son's face lights up and my wife gives me a look that says "he's supposed to be having his tea in 20 minutes!  How are we going to get him to eat carrots now?!"


What Have You Done With My Parents?

My mum is just as bad.  I barely recognise this couple who brought me up.  When I was a kid getting sweets out of them was like getting a straight answer from a politician.  With their grandson, they give him treats like confetti. 

My grandparents were the same with me.  I remember saying to my mum how generous they were with us.  My mum retorted, "they weren't like that with us". 

Circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment